Veterinary Surgeon ║ Chelmsford
We are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon to join a friendly team in Chelmsford. This is a 2/3 vet practice with a long-standing support team of 3 RVN’S, 2 students and 3 CCA’s.
The ideal candidate should be competent in practice with a minimal of 2 years’ experience (UK or equivalent).
This candidate should be a motivated individual who possesses leadership qualities, excellent communication and a passion for patient and client care. Strong management and mentor skills are essential as you will play a crucial part within the team.
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets/livestock
- Assess and examine and diagnose patients’ medical issues
- Perform surgery, dress and treat wounds
- Perform diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required
- Prescribe medication
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices for pets/livestock
- Euthanise patients
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures
- Full-time permanent position
- 4-day working week
- 1:5 weekends
- Fair share of bank holiday and on-call rota
Salary and Benefits
- Full time salary package up to £55,000 per annum depending on experience
- Accommodation allowance or Accommodation available if required
- Relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address
- Vehicle allowance or company vehicle
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- Certificate funding
If you are interested or would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or call Joel Thompson on 0117 329 3900.