Registered Veterinary Nurse – Wolverhamptom
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to fulfill a Full-Time position at a veterinary hospital located within Wolverhampton.
About The Practice
This practice is equipped with a CT scanner, in-house blood machines and digital microscope, digital x-ray, ultrasound, capnography, endoscopy, and dental x-ray.
The Role and Responsibilities
The required duties of this role include:
- Preparing animals for theatre,
- monitoring anaesthetics,
- assisting in theatre when required,
- positioning animals for x-rays,
- performing nursing procedures as detailed under Schedule 3 of the Veterinary Surgeons Act,
- providing intensive nursing care to hospitalised patients,
- performing detailed and accurate kennel rounds,
- performing nurse consultations,
- promoting preventative health care for pets,
- performing in house laboratory tests and stock control.
- Ideally the rota will include working 37.5 hours over 5 days per week.
- Weekends are 1 in 10 with days off in the week given,
They are also keen to hear from those who may be looking for part time and flexible working hours.
Out-of-hours are available if wanted but it is not a necessity.
The salary for this role will be up to £27,000 FTE depending on experience.
This role would be perfect for a fully qualified Registered Veterinary Nurse looking to expand their knowledge or expertise in hospital nursing. Equally, it would suit a newly qualified Veterinary Nurse or a second/third year Student Veterinary Nurse.
Benefits – Subject to Pro Rata:
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
For more information contact Jonathan Lewis below or email me firstname.lastname@example.org / call me 01291 645871