Locum Manager – Bristol | Ongoing Position
Our client, a well established 5* rated boarding cattery on the Bristol/South Gloucestershire border, are seeking a locum manager to cover for the owner when she is on leave.
About The Role
This will be for ad hoc periods of between 3 -10 days at a time, on an ongoing basis excluding August and we can work around other commitments.
Core hours will be 8 am – 11:45 am and 3 pm – 6:30 pm Monday- Saturday inclusive and 8 am – 12 noon on Sundays although these hours could be extended periodically to meet demand.
The role would ideally suit an ACA, VCA or RVN or even a vet student.
- Effective management of a small team of staff to achieve the objectives of the business.
- Ensure staff levels are maintained.
- Daily activity planning to maximise utilisation of the business’ staff and facilities.
- Cash handling and financial record maintenance.
- Ad hoc report creation and maintenance.
- Responsible for delivering the highest quality care to all pets cared for by the business.
- General cattery duties, including chalet cleaning, preparing meals, cleaning equipment & utensils, administering medication, carrying out and recording health checks and general enrichment activities.
- Site maintenance, including cleaning general areas.
- A genuine affection for animals and their wellbeing is essential.
- Proactive, intelligent, honest and totally reliable.
- The ability to understand and adhere to company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Physically fit due to the demands of the role.
- A willingness to work additional hours is essential to accommodate last minute bookings and changes to clients travel arrangements
For more information contact Jonathan Lewis below or email me firstname.lastname@example.org / call me 01291 645871