Head Veterinary Nurse ║ Maternity Cover
We are looking for a registered Veterinary Nurse to join a wonderful team in St. Albans, as Head Nurse for a fixed term contract of 12 months.
The team consists of three vets supported by three RVNs, two students, one PCA and a client care assistant. Joining this professional, personable team in the practice, you’ll deliver exceptional care by going beyond consulting to listen and empathising, putting patients and clients first, always.
As well as your day to day duties within practice caring for your patients and clients, you will have the drive and ambition to develop the practice optimising the client and patient experience, promoting safety while training, developing and leading the entire nursing team.
As a RCVS Registered Veterinary Nurse, you’ll already have good knowledge of how a dynamic, practice runs efficiently and effectively.
- Manage the performance of the practice on a day-to-day basis
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets/livestock
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures
- Ensure all members of the nursing staff are aware of their roles and job description, working to clear objectives set
- Carry out regular performance reviews and update training requirements where necessary
- Support Clinical Coaches with the planning of student tutorials and training where necessary
- Rota management to always provide adequate cover of staff within the practice
- Assess and examine and diagnose patients’ medical issues
- Maintain patients’ medical records
- Head Veterinary Nurse – 12-month fixed term contract, full-time role
- 40 hours per week over 5 days with 1:3 half weekends
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary DOE
- £750 CPD allowance and 2 days paid CPD leave per year
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVNA fees
- Access to a large amount of in-house training, including head nurse training scheme
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Annual pay reviews
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Pension Scheme
If you are interested or would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Joel Thompson on 0117 329 3900.