We are looking for a motivated Veterinary Surgeon to join a talented team across 3 RCVS accredited branches in Norfolk and Suffolk.
Our client is open to an experienced Vet, but they would also be happy to support a less-experienced candidate who wants to build up their confidence in surgery, as this will be key to the role.
- Float Veterinary Surgeon – full-time permanent position
- 4-day week, covering 36 hours.
- Part-time and flexible working also considered
- Consult-only, if preferred
- Out of hours – duty night every fortnight which only involves being back up to the on-call nurse for any inpatient concerns – no phone calls from clients
- In a 10–12-week rotation you would have one weekend as first-duty vet, which involves working 8.30-5 on Saturday (for which you receive a day off in lieu) and 9-12 on Sunday; and one weekend as second duty vet, which involves working 9-12 on Saturday and then just being available if the first-duty vet needs a second pair of hands after that
Salary and Benefits
- Salary in range £34,000-£60,000 DOE, and you will be well reimbursed with extra pay for out-of-hours work and second-on-call weekend duties
- Generous £1750 CPD allowance
- RCVS VDS fees paid
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
- Discounted veterinary fees
If you are interested or would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Joel Thompson on 0117 329 3900.