We are looking for an Equine Emergency Medicine Clinician to join a team in Halstead.
This is a friendly and progressive mixed practice, in the lovely rural Essex/Suffolk borders. They are a busy and varied equine practice with an interesting caseload and great clients. The team consists of Vets, Nurses, Kennel assistants, Yard workers, Receptionists, and the Office support members.
- You will be the on-call Equine Veterinary Surgeon as part of a week on, week off rota with one three-week annual break in addition to every other week off
- Every other weekend will be part of this role
- A brand-new vehicle will be provided, or mileage paid
- You will join and support our equine team by covering out-of-hours work and in-patient care between 5pm and 8am during the week and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday
- The period 8 – 8.30am at changeover will allow completion of paperwork and transfer of any ongoing case responsibility to the day vets
- The position will involve working seven days on/seven days off through the year
- An annual 3-week block of time away from work will also be made available
Salary and Benefits
- The salary for this role will be up to £50,000 depending on experience
- 6.6 weeks annual leave (5.6 if part time)
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD and certificate study encouraged and well supported
- Professional Memberships
If you are interested or would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Joel Thompson on 0117 329 3900.