Back to Job Search

Scottish West Coast- Permanent Mixed Vet

  • Location: Dumfries and Galloway
  • Job Type:Permanent

Posted 13 days ago

  • Contact: Jonathan Lewis
  • Contact Email: jlewis@glvets.com
  • Contact Phone: 07528734998
  • Start Date: ASAP
  • Expiry Date: 08 May 2021
  • Job Ref: JL- 16385

​Full-time mixed vet position for an assistant Veterinary Surgeon at this stunning coastal location :

An opportunity has arisen for a motivated, enthusiastic assistant Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team based in Coastal Galloway.

** The position is full time

** 1 in 3 rota.

** On call on rota basis

The practice is based in the southwest of Scotland, an area renowned for having a mild climate and one of the earliest growing seasons in the country. This greatly supports the extensive dairy and livestock farming enterprises which are so well suited to the region and which in turn provides the bulk of the work undertaken by the practice.

This is a truly mixed role with around 80% of the practice work is large animal, the remaining 20% companion animal and equine. If you enjoy beautiful countryside and a quieter and more peaceful pace of life this is the job for you!

For the successful candidate they offer a competitive salary, CPD allowance, vehicle, mobile phone and accommodation allowance. We work in a welcoming, rural community in a well-established and independently run practice with a good reputation within our local area and beyond.