Permanent Vet Needed for Glasgow Practice Full/Part Time (SN/15280)
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a full-time vet to join our friendly veterinary team. They are a busy small animal practice with a varied caseload and a high percentage of insured clients. They are located on the outskirts of Glasgow.
They have an established support team of RVN's, Client Care Assistants and a Practice Manager. They are RCVS general practice accredited, a nurse training practice and we are also a Silver Award ISFM Cat Friendly Clinic
Their bright, spacious, air-conditioned surgery is purpose built to industry leading standards and has state of the art equipment including dedicated operating theatre, X-ray/in-house laboratory/ultrasound and dentistry facilities.
The vet surgeons are involved in a range of tasks some of which include:
• Providing high standards of client and patient care
• Running consultations and examining pets in a professional manner
• Demonstrating excellent knowledge of drugs and treatment types
• Advising and supporting clients in best practice and care for pets
• Leading surgical procedures (routine and emergency)
• Carrying out a range of diagnostic tests
• Interpreting and evaluating findings from diagnostic testing tools/techniques
• Administering medication
• Where appropriate, performing euthanasia whilst continuing to be supportive and respectful to owners
• Working as part of a team with all colleagues in the practice
• Delegating duties to other clinical and support colleagues in practice when needed
• Mentoring and supporting other colleagues
They are looking for a Vet who is experienced, friendly, motivated and confident in both consulting and surgery and someone who enjoys building relationships and following cases through with our lovely clients and their pets. The ideal candidate will be ready to take the role of Lead Veterinary Surgeon within the practice. You will be responsible for managing the clinical team vets and nurse, arranging regular reviews with the clinical team and planning CPD, arranging clinical meetings to discuss practice standards etc and provide good leadership and direction to the clinical team. You will look to identify business opportunities in order to help the practice continue to grow.
The position would be full time, between 30 - 40 hours spread over 4 days midweek with 1 day off midweek. In addition to this, the practice is open Saturdays 9-12 and closed on Sundays. The only regular sole charge will be Saturdays and on this day, you will be assisted by an RVN and a receptionist (a possible rota could look like Tue-Fri 8.30/7 and 1 in 5 Saturdays 9-12)
You will be covering all first opinion duties where required and have experience in all basic surgery and good consulting skills. The practice is offering a competitive daily rate commensurate with experience. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years UK experience.
If you are interested in this excellent role call Stephen Nicolle on 01291 645 871 or email firstname.lastname@example.org