OOH Vet Needed in Kent on a Permanent Basis (SN/ 15168)
As part of a team of three OOH Veterinary based at our clients practice near Sevenoaks the rota is as follows:
Week 1: Monday to Sunday nights on call 17.30 – 08.00am
Week 2 Saturday & Sunday 08.00 – 18.00 (including Saturday morning consults)
Week 3 Off Rota It is envisaged that annual holiday is taken within the rota, and the emergency vets organise between themselves any change to the published rotas by swapping their shifts.
Night Rota: It is envisaged that unless there is an emergency that the OOH Vet would sleep in provided on site accommodation. There is an OOH Nurse on duty for share of inpatient cover, as well as an animal care assistant till late evening and early morning.
• To perform consultation and medical treatment for a range of small animals.
• To undertake, on a roster basis, emergency and out of hours qualified veterinary cover.
• Liaise with clients to inform them of on-going progress and treatment options for their pet, including the costs involved.
• Ensure to undertake a comprehensive hand-over of clinical care to ‘day’ veterinary team.
• To promote and safeguard the health and welfare of animals through client education and preventative medicine.
• Work to prevent disease in animals and the spread of disease.
• To undertake surgical operations (including neutering and general surgery) and the necessary tasks associated with such a procedure; anaesthesia, monitoring, research.
• Carry out tests such as x-rays, blood samples and ultrasound scans.
• Immunise animals against different types of disease.
• Euthanise old and terminally ill animals.
• Handle and administer drugs accurately and in accordance with professional and health and safety guidelines. Dispose of any waste involved competently and swiftly and record all drugs administered to patients.
• Handle and dispose of chemicals in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
• Undertake home visits when required.
• Provide suitable paperwork for animals travelling abroad, as well as inserting identification microchips.
• Maintain patient records.
• Support the Practice in its endeavours to improve and increase business by means of marketing, education and self improvement.
• Complete, on a roster basis, insurance claim forms for treatment received by insured clients.
• Liaise with and refer to other professionals within the industry when required.
• To undertake any other duties as may be directed from time to time by the Director or senior staff.
• Undertake CPD regularly to comply with RCVS regulations.
You will be covering all first opinion duties where required and have experience in all basic surgery and good consulting skills.
The practice is offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years UK experience.
If you are interested in this excellent role call Stephen Nicolle on 01291 645 871 or email email@example.com