Exciting Small Animal Vet positions Hong Kong - Day vet
A unique opportunity has arisen to join this progressive and busy 24-hour hospital in Hong Kong:
They are a long established and well-known veterinary hospital in a traditional area of Hong Kong, providing high standards of patient care with their great team comprising of over 10 vets, vet nurses and vet assistants, a dedicated night team, a triple boarded specialist in exotics and several certificate holders.
The practice has exceptional facilities that provide advanced diagnostics and treatment for all species, including on-site CT, scanner several endoscopes, laparoscopic surgery, cryosurgery, full IDEXX lab suite and Abaxis machine, IM3 dental x-rays, and dedicated small animal and exotic ICU units.
Each of their vets benefit from a dedicated team of 2 very experienced Vet Assistants, to help with translation and clinical work. Mandarin / Cantonese speaking surgeons are of course especially welcome :)
They are close to the sea, mountains and country parks, yet only a short drive to exciting Central district, packed with skyscrapers and modern shopping malls. Outside the bustling city centre, there are also stunning hiking trails with lush vegetation, country parks, beaches and several outlying islands waiting to be explored. Hong Kong boasts an amazing food culture, with countless options varying from refined Michelin star restaurants to charming local street food stalls.
Hong Kong is also one of the safest cities in the world to live, and is performing extremely well with the COVID-19 crisis, having had a very small number of cases and a very effective testing and quarantine system in place.
Who we are looking for:
· Small animal vet (clinician or surgeon):
The successful candidate will be an experienced small animal vet with (or who wants to work towards) a certificate in Small Animal Medicine or Surgery. Full support will be given to the right candidate, if not yet enrolled in a certificate. They are seeking a good team player with great communication skills, who takes pride in delivering the best possible care for his patients.
· Night Vet:
They are looking for an experienced small animal vet with an interest in emergency medicine and surgery, to expand their team of night vets. Experience in treating exotic patients is preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
● 5-day work week (day vet) or a pattern of work 3 nights one week, 4 nights the next (night vet).
● A base salary of £70,000 per year (with production bonus on top, our vets usually earn around £130,000 per year)
● Veterinary Surgeons Board registration fee and HKVA and VIN subscription fees paid
● Support with work VISA application, quarantine expenses paid, and assistance for bank account opening
● 1st month accommodation paid
● Generous annual leave and CPD allowance, including two weeks CPD leave with an allowance ofaround£1500 per year (CPD budget can be expanded to cover for participation to a Congress of interest abroad).
● An exceptional team of Vets, Vet Assistants, Vet Nurses and Administrative Team
IMPORTANT ENTRY NOTICE
For registration to the HK Veterinary Surgeons Board you will need to be a graduates of the :
UK, USA, Australian, New Zealand or South Africa. (For more information please see Universities listed in Hong Kong VSB’s Schedule 1 or 2). For European graduates please check on the VSB website for more information.
This is an exciting role for someone looking to branch out globally and see practice in a totally different environment. Interested?
Email me firstname.lastname@example.org your CV in the first instance and then call me to discuss the role in greater depth on 01291 645 871.