Clinical Director / Senior Veterinary Surgeon
A Veterinary Hospital in Hampden is searching for a motivated and enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to fill a clinical management.
We are looking for a confident and capable general practitioner with adequate experience to be able to support and mentor junior members of the team and contribute to the daily management of the practice whilst maintaining an active clinical role.
The ideal candidate would step seamlessly into the role of Co-Clinical Director alongside the current CD. Candidates without CD experienced will be considered if they have adequate management credentials.
Candidates with less experience would be encouraged to apply as a Senior Veterinary Surgeon, with a view to expand and consolidate their leadership capability with the possibility of advancement in due time.
A drive for high clinical standards is mandatory, as the right candidate will be responsible for advancing clinical standards, working alongside our nursing team to implement patient and client care of the highest level.
Time allocated to management and clinical duties would be negotiable based on the job title and also on the individual’s preference.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- Management / Leadership experience
- Knowledge of practice financials (Profit/Loss, etc.)
- Track record of delivering on objectives
- Clinical experience (all aspects of general practice including hospital and emergency caseload)
- Certification or other advanced qualifications would advantageous
- Clinical duties are split between consulting, operating and inpatient management with flexibility to accommodate specialisms or interest
- Veterinary surgeons are expected to work to a high standard and case, time and client management will reflect that
- Sole charge work at branch surgeries is limited to consultations only, with all procedures carried out at the hospital
- There is no out of hours work, and weekend days are worked on an expanding rota
- As Co-Clinical Director, you would have shared responsibility for all employees in the practice, financial performance of the business and advancing/ maintaining clinical standards etc
- Line manage allocated Vets
- Aid in setting the budget for the practice and achieving it
- Clinical colleagues (and support colleagues)
- Day to day effective operation of the Practice
- Compliance with RCVS standards
- Take responsibility for dealing with, and resolving complaints
- Promote the business and grow the client base.
- Identify business opportunities/gaps in the market to exploit
- Building relationships with external bodies
- Continuously improve, develop and add value to the business.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary from £60,000 + pro rata (DOE)
- 40 hours / 4 day week
- No OOH – dedicate on-site night team
- 1/6 weekend rota (day only) with full TOIL – subject to change as team increases
- 6.6 weeks holiday including Bank Holidays
- 5 days CPD minimum with uncapped budget (within reason!)
- BVA, BSAVA, RCVS, VDS paid memberships
- Ability to progress clinically and professionally
If you are interested or would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Joel Thompson on 0117 329 3900.