An unmissable opportunity has arisen for an associate vet surgeon to join a small animal practice in Northamptonshire.
Vets at this level will be expected to have a greater level of autonomy and responsibility compared to those individuals that have recently graduated.
The list of skills is once again extensive, but the most significant areas are covered below:
• Carry out their work in line with the RCVS guidelines and seek advice from their Clinical Director or the RCVS if they feel these guidelines are being compromised.
• Perform work with a large degree of autonomy seeking advice from more senior staff when required. Once help has been sought, individuals should seek to continue to manage their cases whenever possible.
• Act as an initial ‘go to’ point for more junior colleagues, reception and nursing staff when required
• Continuous development of surgical and medical skills
• Perform sole-charge work and, where appropriate, on-call work
• Report any mistakes or potential problems to a senior member of staff in the unlikely that they occur
• Actively engage with the practice team both within their branch and in other branches and businesses
• Show good communication skills with both staff and clients
Work Pattern: 4 days per week.
Working Time: Mon – Fri 10 hour shifts over 4 days.
Weekend rota: 1:8 Saturday & Sunday 8am – 7pm, plus 1:4 Saturday or Sunday 6-hour shift.
Salary: £33,000 - £40,000pa
Experience Level: Minimum of 1-year UK experience.
There is an excellent rate on offer here - If you are interested or would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or call Joel Thompson on 0117 329 3900.