|Location:||Brighton in East Sussex|
|Specialism:||Vet / Small Animal Practice|
|Salary:||£40,000 - £57,500 / per annum|
|Contract info:||Subject to experience|
Locum to Permanent Opportunity for OOH Vet in Lovely Brighton Practice (SN/ 14835)
Our client, a modern, well equipped practice located in Brighton, are looking for an OOH veterinary surgeon to join their team on an initial locum basis with the view to go permanent.
Their night vets work split shifts, either 4.30pm-12.30am or 10.30pm-9.30am, to allow them to pursue their passion for ECC without becoming exhausted. The 2-hour crossover gives time for handover and to “double team” on particularly busy shifts. They understand that some of the best ECC vets require flexible working so will consider both full-time and part-time applicants.
With 2 in 5 weekends, no requirement to cover weekend or Bank Holiday day shifts, and an average of 35h per week, night vets enjoy an excellent work-life balance. Add to that the other benefits our client can provide, and think this is a pretty unique place for OOH work:
•Competitive Locum rate (2 – 4-week period leading to perm)
• RCVS accredited practice with genuinely friendly, approachable managers and directors.
• Basic salary of £40-57.5k dependent on experience and further qualifications.
• £1500 CPD allowance plus 35h paid per year to complete CPD. Further support for certificates available and encouraged.
• RCVS and VDS fees paid, as well as one subscription of your choice (eg. BSAVA, VECCS, VIN).
• 5.6 weeks' holiday per year.
• Excellent working relationships with our Member Practices.
• A policy of not transferring inpatients back and forth to Member Practices – they stay with us until they’re ready to be treated as outpatients.
• High clinical standards with extensive point-of-care diagnostics available to facilitate this.
• Interesting, varied caseload with lovely, committed clients who want the best for their pets.
• Support overnight from a fantastic team of night RVNs and ANAs.
• On-site Specialists and Advanced Practitioners in cardiorespiratory medicine, imaging, ECC and endoscopy.
• Exposure to a wide range of equipment including CT, laparoscopy and extensive in-house blood machines.
• Lots of other benefits including enhanced sick pay, private health insurance, discount for staff pets, ability to bring your dog to work, on-site free parking, and contributory pension scheme.
The role will involve seeing first-opinion emergencies and providing continuous care for inpatients and referral cases. They are looking for a vet who is enthusiastic about emergency and critical care and ideally has some experience in this field (although not necessarily in a sole-charge or out-of-hours capacity). You will have a desire to achieve high clinical standards, and work within evidence-based medicine where possible. Due to the sometimes stressful and fast-paced nature of emergency work, they must have excellent communication skills. Most of all they should have a team-mentality as we are a close-knit, friendly practice.
If you are interested in this excellent role call Stephen Nicolle on 01291 645 871 or email email@example.com